List of research projects/studies completed (Last 5 years):
Urban Health Training Centre:
Health status of Employees working in Postaglandin lab at Astra Zeneca pharma India Ltd. (2003).
Improvisation of Management Information System (MIS) of India Population Project VIII , Urban Health Centers in Bangalore city - BMP/world bank (2003).
Cause and Effect analysis of Low Birth Weight babies (2005).
Clinico Epidemiological study of Reproductive Tract Infections (RTI) among women attending Urban Health Centers (2006).
Health screening of School Children of Jain Vidyalaya (2003-2007).
Sanitary Assessment, Hygienic Status & KAP study of an eating establishment in Bangalore city (2006).
On Going (2010)
- Correlates of Depression among elderly patients.
- Correlates of Overweight & Obesity among elderly patients.
- Prevalence of Obesity among elderly in Urban field practice area of KIMS
Rural Health Training Centre :
Adopt a village project-A Rural rabies prevention project(2009-11).-sponsored by GARC.
Assessing the burden of Bronchial Asthma in rural adult population.(2010).
Evaluation of ASHA workers.(2013).
Prevalence of dysmenorrhea and Premenstrual tension in adolescent girls.(2013).
Global Positioning System – A new tool for mapping the distribution of anemia and nutritional status of children (5-10yrs) in a rural community.(2012).
Prospective sero- prevalence study of Dengue in the rural community (2012). Sponsored by : Sanofi Pasteur New Delhi.
Global positioning system – A new tool to measure the burden of animal bite and rabies in a rural community.
On Going (2014)
- Coverage evaluation survey of new pentavalent vaccine
- Assessment of morbidity and categorization of under 5 children using IMNCI.
- Cross-sectional study to assess depression among aged population.
Preventive Medicine Unit:
On Going (2008)
A Clinico-Epidemiological study of Allergens in patients with Dermatitis (2003).
Profile of Allergens among patients suffering from Chronic Urticaria (2004).
A study of Safety and Efficacy of Rush Immunotherapy among patients suffering from Nasobronchial Allergy (2005).
A longitudinal study of patients suffering from Nasobronchial Allergy following different treatment modalities (2006).
A study of safety and efficacy of Sub-lingual Immunotherapy in Nasobronchial Allergy (2006).
- Safety and Efficacy of Rush Immunotherapy among patients suffering from Chronic Urticaria (2006).
- Health Outcomes of Sublingual Immunotherapy compared to Subcutaneous
Immunotherapy among patients suffering from Allergic Rhinitis and Allergic
Anti Rabies Unit:
- A Clinico Epidemiological study on the use of Rabies Immuneglobulin in post exposure rabies prophylaxis (2003).
- A Phase IV, Post Marketing Surveillance to assess the Immunogenecity and Reactogenicity (2004).
- A multicenter study to assess the Safety & Immunogenecity of Vaxirab in post-exposure cases (2005).
- A multicenter study to assess the Safety and Immunogenecity of Vaxirab Vs Lyssavac N Berna in simulated post-exposure prophylaxis (2005).
- Comparison of Safety & Immunogenecity of PCECV and PVRV using the TRC ID regimen at a dose of 0.1 ml (2005).
- An Evaluation of Immunogenecity and Reactogenecity of purified chick embryo cell rabies vaccine (Rabipur) administered intradermally using a new simulated post–exposure regimen (2-2-2-2-2) in healthy adult volunteers – Chiron vaccines, Germany (2005).
- Evaluating a pre-medication protocol for administration of ERIG in patients with hypersensitivity (2006).
- A study of immune response to booster vaccination after two years (Anamestic response) in healthy adult volunteers with purified chick embryo cell vaccine (Rabipur) administered by a route different from the primary vaccination (2006).
- A multi center, phase III, randomized, double blind comparative study to evaluate the Safety & Immunogenecity of rabies vaccine (Indirab) in animal bite cases- An equivalence trial (2007).
- Assessing the Safety of post exposure rabies immunization in Pregnancy (2007).
- Assessing the Clinical Efficacy of post exposure prophylaxis following confirmed rabies exposure (2007).
- A performance audit of Animal Birth Control (ABC) programme in Bangalore city (2007).
On Going (2008)
Clinical evaluation of Safety & Immunogenecity of purified chick embryo cell rabies vaccine administered intradermally using updated TRC regimen (2-2-2-0-2) in animal bite cases.
Clinical evaluation of Safety & Immunogenecity of Indirab & Verorab vaccines using updated Thai Red Cross regimen in healthy volunteers; phase III, Randomized Clinical Study.
A comparative multi centre study to assess the Immunogenecity and Safety of PDEV (Vaxirab) versus PCECV (Rabipur) and PVRV (Verorab) in post exposure cases.
© 2008 Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences